It’s Taco Tuesday (why can’t it always be Taco Tuesday?), and we’ve partnered with our friend yackattack to bless this venerated weekly occasion with these…
Thai Tofu Tacos with Daikon Slaw
Serves 2 (4 Small Tacos) | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 5 mins
½ C. Grated Daikon Radish
½ C. Shredded Red Cabbage
½ C. Grated Carrot
2 T. Fresh Cilantro, Diced
1 T. Rice Vinegar
1 tsp. Agave Nectar
A Few Dashes of Hot Sesame Oil (or to taste)
1- 8 oz. Package WestSoy Baked Thai Tofu
4 Small Corn or Flour Tortillas
Garnish: Black Sesame Seeds, Chopped Roasted Peanuts, Lime Wedges
- Toss the daikon, red cabbage, carrot, cilantro, rice vinegar, agave nectar and sesame oil together in a mixing bowl, until evenly coated. Set in the refrigerator to cool.
- Grill the tofu on an oiled surface (grill, Panini press, cast-iron skillet) for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they have deep brown grill marks.
- Wait a minute for the tofu to cool, then cut it into ½” Cubes.
- Take your tortillas and toast them slightly over an open flame, or in a hot pan. Then distribute the tofu between the 4 tortillas, topping with the slaw, black sesame seeds, crushed peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve with a side of chili paste or sauce, if you like it hot!
Check out these incredible tacos that I made with WestSoy’s new Baked Tofu, plus a ton more recipes on their Tumblr!